Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Python: An Introduction to numpy and matplotlib (Python, Part 2)
Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Python: An Introduction to numpy and matplotlib (Python, Part 2) In-Person
Please note: Registration is required for this event.
In this session, you'll learn how to:
- Import and use Python libraries
- Read tabular data into Python
- Perform basic statistical operations on the data
- Create basic plots from the data
- Process and plot multiple data files at once
In order to get the most of out of this workshop, it is recommended that you have attended "Getting Started with Python: An Introduction to Programming." Or, please ensure that you understand the following Python concepts: strings, integers, variables, functions such as print(), lists, and for loops.
- Install Python on your computer
- Install a Python environment, such as Jupyter Notebook, PyCharm, etc. -- the instructor will use Jupyter Notebook
- Install the following Python libraries: numpy, matplotlib
- Or: install Anaconda (which will do all of above at once, for you)
If you'd like assistance with the technical setup for this class, please come to the online help session on 10/25 or email Kaitlin Throgmorton. All registrants will also receive setup instructions ahead of class.
- Either "Getting Started with Python: An Introduction to Programming" or a good working understanding of Python fundamentals (strings, integers, variables, the print function, lists, and loops)
- Wednesday, October 26, 2022
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- SHM L 111, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library, 333 Cedar Street
- Medical School