Reading Strategies for Writing Papers
Reading Strategies for Writing Papers Online
Doing original research can feel overwhelming, especially when you need to read a lot of scholarly texts to prepare to write a paper. Join us for 45-minutes to learn strategies to tackle scholarly texts efficiently. Students will learn how about and gain practice with:
- Lateral reading methods to efficiently make decisions about which texts to read
- Selective reading methods to identify key elements of a scholarly text
- Active reading methods to ensure your sources are doing enough work for your research
Audience: This workshop is designed for undergraduate students at any level. Graduate students are welcome to attend.
Registration: Required for access to the Zoom room. You will also receive a reminder email 1-hour before the event.
Any student who participates in at least 3 library workshops during the fall 2022 semester will be eligible for a prize. Learn more about the Workshop Incentive Program.
- Monday, October 31, 2022
- 1:00pm - 1:45pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.