Data visualization in R with ggplot2
Print the page Add to a Calendar using iCal Share page on Facebook This link opens in a new window Add to Google Calendar This link opens in a new window Share page on Twitter This link opens in a new window
Data visualization in R with ggplot2 Online
THIS WORKSHOP WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY VIA ZOOM. A link will be sent out within 24 hours of the workshop.
This workshop provides a practical introduction to data visualization in R with the popular package "ggplot2" (http://ggplot2.tidyverse.org). The ggplot2 package is a specific implementation of the "Grammar of Graphics" and provides a high-level approach to creating rich visualizations.
This workshop assumes experience and comfort with using R for data analytic work. If you are new to R, you should start with the "First Steps in R" and "Second Steps in R" workshops.
Software Used: R, RStudio
This workshop covers:
- why use ggplot2 in R for visualization
- the basics of 'aesthetics'
- the basics of 'geoms'
- summarizing and transforming data on the fly
- other ways to customize the layout of your visualization
- Wednesday, August 24, 2022
- 10:00am - 11:30am
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Zoom (Online Only)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- Data Visualization Graduate Students Marx Science and Social Science Library Miscellaneous StatLab Undergraduate Students
Registration has closed.