Introduction to Zotero: A Citation Manager
Introduction to Zotero: A Citation Manager Online
Managing citations is an essential skill for all undergraduate students. Join a librarian online for 30-minutes to learn about Zotero, free software to help you manage your research. In this workshop, students will learn how to:
- Set-up Zotero with your preferred citation style and enable cloud storage
- Export citations from Yale Library and around the web
- Organize citations into a private or shared folder
- Generate a bibliography and insert in-text citations for Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Take notes to avoid plagiarism
Before this session, students are welcome to download Zotero (optional). For instructions, see: guides.library.yale.edu/citationmanagement.
Audience: This workshop is intended for anyone new to using Zotero. Students, faculty, and staff are welcome to attend. Users already experienced with Zotero might be interested in the workshop “Next Steps with Zotero”.
Registration: Required for access to the Zoom room. You will also receive a reminder email 1-hour before the event.
Any student who participates in at least 3 library workshops during the spring 2022 semester will be eligible for a prize. Learn more about the Workshop Incentive Program.
- Monday, February 21, 2022
- 4:00pm - 4:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.