Organizing and Managing Files for Research Productivity
Organizing and Managing Files for Research Productivity Online
You have downloaded articles from Yale Library's resources, installed a reference management tool, and picked a writing tool. Now … how do you organize everything to keep your digital workspace in top shape? This workshop will provide guidance on how to use these tools together to improve productivity and cut down on the time you spend hunting for files on your hard drive.
Tools under discussion: Reference management software (Zotero, EndNote, Mendeley); Tropy; file system organization and default search tools; backing up; file versioning.
- Participants will strategize folder and research object organization to facilitate tracking versions and improving search using their computer’s default file system browsing software.
- Participants will use the file organization and tagging tools within their reference management software.
- Participants will back up their reference management software and files according to a schedule.
NEW: Any student who participates in at least 3 library workshops during the fall 2021 semester will be eligible for a prize! How it works: Register for a library workshop or tour. After you have attended at least 3, a librarian will contact you with information about how to pick up your prize. Learn more about this incentive program at: guides.library.yale.edu/WorkshopIncentiveProgram.
- Friday, October 8, 2021
- 11:00am - 12:15pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.