Pro Search Strategies in Google Scholar
Pro Search Strategies in Google Scholar Online
This session will include an overview of advanced search tips and tricks in Google Scholar including how to cut down your results from 2.5 million to 2500 to 25, how to improve the relevancy of your results by using advanced search operators, and how to troubleshoot when you can’t access an article.
- Build effective search statements by using search operators such as author, domain, intitle, intext, filetype, and by nesting operators
- Distinguish the limitations and usefulness of Google Scholar versus library subscription databases
- Easily move between Google Scholar and the library catalog to troubleshoot Google’s results
NEW: Any student who participates in at least 3 library workshops during the fall 2021 semester will be eligible for a prize! How it works: Register for a library workshop or tour. After you have attended at least 3, a librarian will contact you with information about how to pick up your prize. Learn more about this incentive program at: guides.library.yale.edu/WorkshopIncentiveProgram.
Related LibGuide: Google for Research by Kayleigh Bohemier
- Thursday, November 11, 2021
- 9:30am - 10:00am
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Science Hill
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.