Zotero for LaTeX Users
Zotero for LaTeX Users Online
If you are using Overleaf or a desktop-based LaTeX tool and want to integrate Zotero into your research workflow, this workshop is for you. In this workshop, we will discuss how to get started with several tools and plugins you can use to make Zotero work well with LaTeX, review the pros and cons of using the default Overleaf integration, and make full use of Zotero's functionality for organizing, tagging, and viewing your files.
Prerequisites: Basic LaTeX familiarity.
No previous knowledge of Zotero is required, but participants are asked to download and install Zotero at https://zotero.org before the session. We will use Overleaf (https://overleaf.com) for our LaTeX environment.
- Participants will use Zotero BibTeX plugins to expand Zotero's functionality for BibTeX.
- Participants will import and export references to manage their citations.
- Participants will navigate Zotero's interface and manage their documents using its built-in features, including tagging and collections (folders).
- Participants will move between a LaTeX document, bib file, and Zotero for seamless reference management.
NEW: Any student who participates in at least 3 library workshops during the fall 2021 semester will be eligible for a prize! How it works: Register for a library workshop or tour. After you have attended at least 3, a librarian will contact you with information about how to pick up your prize. Learn more about this incentive program at: guides.library.yale.edu/WorkshopIncentiveProgram.
- Thursday, September 16, 2021
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.