Creating Your Online Research Presence
Creating Your Online Research Presence Online
As a researcher, you put so much time and energy into your work, and you want it to stand out. The academic ecosystem and the commercial market have proposed solutions to meet this need, and we now have a plethora of profile systems, ranging from ORCID and the Clarivate Researcher ID to Google Scholar Profiles, Academia homepages, and ResearchGate.
This workshop will walk you through how to prepare your profiles. We will discuss:
- Which profile systems to prioritize
- How the most common profile systems work
- Your article (and/or book) author agreements — and why you need to consult them when uploading files to a profile
Our main learning outcome: Participants will be familiar with how profile systems work and which ones are best for which types of use.
NEW: Any student who participates in at least 3 library workshops during the fall 2021 semester will be eligible for a prize! How it works: Register for a library workshop or tour. After you have attended at least 3, a librarian will contact you with information about how to pick up your prize. Learn more about this incentive program at: guides.library.yale.edu/WorkshopIncentiveProgram.
- Thursday, November 18, 2021
- 11:30am - 12:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.