Information Session: Yale Library Senior Exhibit Project
Information Session: Yale Library Senior Exhibit Project Online
Join us for an information session to learn about the Yale Library Senior Exhibit Project, which provides one student from the Class of 2022 with training in curatorial skills culminating in the production of an exhibit in Sterling Memorial Library based on their senior essay.
In this session you will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project, get tips for creating a successful proposal, and also review past senior exhibitions for inspiration. Librarians and archivists will also be available to answer any questions about how to find primary sources to include in proposal material or exhibits.
All information sessions will be on Zoom. Register for one of the dates below:
- Thursday, February 11, 4 PM EST
- Tuesday, March 2, 1 PM EST (register below)
- Friday, March 12, 2 PM EST
Audience: Proposals are currently being accepted for the Class of 2022. All undergraduates are welcome to attend to learn about the Senior Exhibit Project opporunity.
About the project: One student in the Class of 2022 will be selected to receive mentoring and exhibit production support to research and curate a professional-quality exhibit using Yale Library collection materials that will open in the spring of your senior year in the Sterling Library exhibition corridor.
This opportunity may be perfect for you if:
- You have experience researching with primary source materials.
- You are curious about how exhibits are developed and curated.
- You enjoy working collaboratively.
- Your senior essay topic can be strongly represented by physical objects from Yale Library collections.
Submit a proposal: library.yale.edu/form/senior-exhibit-project-proposal
- Tuesday, March 2, 2021
- 1:00pm - 1:45pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.