Academic Strategies: Résumés, CVs, and Your Online Scholarly Identity
Academic Strategies: Résumés, CVs, and Your Online Scholarly Identity In-Person
That half-finished CV and scholarly bio. The preprint server your PI wants you to upload to. The h-index you'll be judged by when you start applying for jobs. The eight dozen academic social networking websites. There is so much to do … but what is important?
As a scholar, creating and maintaining information about yourself is essential for showcasing your work. In this 90-minute workshop (with winter-themed refreshments!), we will focus on:
- what you need in your CV and what you might want in your CV
- how scholarly metrics work and how they're used to evaluate you
- what to prioritize when selecting online social networks
- how to share your work without breaking your author terms (disclaimer: this is not legal advice)
- what data, research, and preprint repositories are and the types of items you can add to each of them
Any student who participates in at least 3 library workshops during the Fall 2023 semester will be eligible for a prize. Learn more about the Workshop Incentive Program.
- Friday, December 1, 2023
- 3:00pm - 4:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Seminar Room S57 (Lower Level)