NCBI hosted workshop: An Introduction to PubChem for Life Science
NCBI hosted workshop: An Introduction to PubChem for Life Science In-Person
Understanding PubChem, the world’s largest collection of freely accessible chemical information, is a powerful skill for researchers, clinicians, and more. For educators, using PubChem in the classroom can facilitate active learning and exploration related to chemistry principles. In this workshop, participants will have access to NCBI experts and be introduced to the functionality of the PubChem Database.
In this online, interactive workshop, we will learn:
- Best practices of searching in PubChem
- Where to find molecular and chemical safety information
- How to use the PubChem Sketcher to find information about your chemical structure
- How to find a possible inhibitor for your gene
Note: This workshop is designed for life scientists, including educators and students, without exhaustive training in chemistry. Additionally, materials used for this workshop will remain available after the course for your use in research projects and curriculum development. More advanced PubChem workshops will be available in the future.
- Thursday, June 22, 2023
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Zoom Session -Medical (online only_1)
- Medical School