Online only: From transcriptional regulators to disease biomarkers and pathways TRANSFAC® 2.0 and PROTEOME™
Online only: From transcriptional regulators to disease biomarkers and pathways TRANSFAC® 2.0 and PROTEOME™ In-Person
Presenters: Alexander Kel, Ph. D. and Volker Matys, Dr. rer. nat., geneXplain GmbH
- Find genes associated with a particular disease.
- Map genes to pathways.
- Search known binding factors for genes.
- Predict transcription factor binding sites in regulatory sequences.
- Analyze human genes for tissue-specific transcription factors.
- Conduct integrated promoter-pathway analysis.
TRANSFAC® contains eukaryotic transcription factors (and miRNAs), their experimentally determined genomic binding sites and derived DNA-binding motifs (PWMs) for prediction of transcription factor binding sites (TFBS) in regulatory regions.
The PROTEOME™ database includes HumanPSD™, with focus on gene ontology data, expression patterns and, particularly, association of human (and mouse) genes with diseases and their potential use as biomarkers and drug targets, as well as TRANSPATH®, on mammalian signal transduction and metabolic pathways, for functional and network analysis, respectively.
Integrated in the geneXplain® platform, TRANSFAC® and PROTEOME™ support TFBS search and upstream analysis (an integrated promoter-pathway analysis) as well as many other bioinformatics methods and workflows.
- Tuesday, June 6, 2023
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Zoom Session -Medical (online only_1)
- Medical School