Journal Metrics, Author Stats, and Where to Find Them
Journal Metrics, Author Stats, and Where to Find Them In-Person
This workshop is for graduate students, postdocs, and early-career researchers to learn more about the metrics that are used to evaluate journal articles and researchers.
- Identify the pros and cons of the h-index, m-quotient, impact factor, and other metrics
- Compare and contrast the metrics available in the Web of Science, Scopus, and Google Scholar and how to interpret them
- Learn more about responsible and ethical use of metrics
- Claim their author profiles in various services in order to ensure that the data quality is accurate for anyone looking them up
Any student who participates in at least 3 library workshops during the Spring 2023 semester will be eligible for a prize. Learn more about the Workshop Incentive Program.
- Wednesday, May 3, 2023
- 1:00pm - 2:15pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Seminar Room S57 (Lower Level)