Demystifying the Literature Review: Geology, Geophysics, Earth, and Planetary Sciences Focus
Demystifying the Literature Review: Geology, Geophysics, Earth, and Planetary Sciences Focus Online
The research you are doing right now stands on centuries of modern scientific journals and books, and sometimes, it can be challenging to figure out what to prioritize in your article or paper's introduction — not to mention to find everything you need to cite. This is a 60-minute workshop for anyone in the earth and planetary sciences (or related fields) facing these challenges.
We will discuss:
- How thorough you need to be (and the types of background research reviews to consider)
- How to locate important preexisting review papers
- Advanced search techniques in databases that will bring your work to the next level
Participants will identify how background research overviews fit into the broader category of review writing in the geosciences.
Participants will use library resources to locate preexisting review papers in an area.
Participants will use advanced search techniques to construct a search, and they will save their results, in geoscience and general science databases.
- Tuesday, February 28, 2023
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.