Pro Search Strategies in Google Scholar
Pro Search Strategies in Google Scholar Online
This session will include an overview of advanced search tips and tricks in Google Scholar including how to cut down your results from 2.5 million to 2500 to 25, how to improve the relevancy of your results by using advanced search operators, and how to troubleshoot when you can’t access an article.
- Build effective search statements by using search operators such as author, domain, intitle, intext, filetype, and by nesting operators
- Distinguish the limitations and usefulness of Google Scholar versus library subscription databases
- Easily move between Google Scholar and the library catalog to troubleshoot Google’s results
Any student who participates in at least 3 library workshops during the Spring 2023 semester will be eligible for a prize. Learn more about the Workshop Incentive Program.
Related LibGuide: Google for Research by Kayleigh Bohemier
- Tuesday, February 21, 2023
- 12:30pm - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.