Break Up With Excel (and Learn to Love Python and R!)
Break Up With Excel (and Learn to Love Python and R!) Online
Please note: Registration is required for this event.
Are things strained in your relationship with Excel? Feeling like it's time to try out a more flexible and reproducible data tool? Maybe it's time to break up with Excel and get together with Python or R instead!
In this introductory, demo-style session, you'll learn:
- How to think through data processing and analysis (and appropriate tool selection)
- Why it might be time to switch from Excel to a programming language
- Plus, the basics of:
- Bringing data into Python and R
- Cleaning data in Python and R (e.g., TRIM and CLEAN equivalents for Python/R)
- Combining and referencing data in Python and R (e.g., VLOOKUP equivalents for Python/R)
Please note: While this session is open to all, it will be most useful to people with strong knowledge of Excel, and basic knowledge of either Python or R. Meant to ignite your interest in switching from Excel to a programming language, it will give you some basic places to start, but it's not a full introductory course to Python or R. However, because of this, there's no need to bring a device or download anything in advance.
- Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- 9:30am - 10:30am
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Medical School
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.