Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Python: An Introduction to numpy and matplotlib (Python, Part 2)
Print the page Add to a Calendar using iCal Share page on Facebook This link opens in a new window Add to Google Calendar This link opens in a new window Share page on Twitter This link opens in a new window
Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Python: An Introduction to numpy and matplotlib (Python, Part 2) Online
Please note: Registration is required for this event.
Are you ready to learn the basics of data analysis and visualization in Python? In this 2-hour in-person workshop, we'll explore two of Python's most popular libraries, numpy and matplotlib.
In this session, you'll learn how to:
- Import and use Python libraries
- Read tabular data into Python
- Perform basic statistical operations on the data
- Create basic plots from the data
- Process and plot multiple data files at once
In order to get the most of out of this workshop, it is recommended that you have attended "Getting Started with Python: An Introduction to Programming." Or, please ensure that you understand the following Python concepts: strings, integers, variables, functions such as print(), lists, and for loops.
- A computer or device with the following installed:
- Python 3
- Two Python libraries: numpy and matplotlib
- A Python environment, such as Jupyter Notebook, PyCharm, etc. -- the instructor will use Jupyter Notebook
- Want to do all of the above at once? Install Anaconda on your machine -- watch this video for guidance!
- Either "Getting Started with Python: An Introduction to Programming" or a good working understanding of Python fundamental operations and data types.
- Thursday, May 11, 2023
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Medical School
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- Coding Data Programming