Second Steps with R
This workshop is a follow-up to “First Steps with R” and best taken in conjunction with the first steps session.
The workshop assumes familiarity and comfort with the material in “First Steps with R”.
The focus in this session is building familiarity with how one interacts with R and RStudio by working through common tasks.
Software Used: R, RStudio
This workshop covers:
- more on data manipulation (e.g., merging datasets, aggregating datasets, reshaping datasets)
- conditional execution
- writing your own functions
During this Workshop
Participants will be able to download materials for the workshop and are encouraged to listen, practice, and interact as it suits their learning style.
The sessions will conclude with exercises with instructional staff available for help.
Preparing for this Workshop
This workshop is designed for attendees who have the following:
- a Yale NetID to use lab machines or personal computer with software installed
- basic experience with the Windows OS (if using a lab computer)
In order to provide the best learning experience possible, we ask that you arrive before the scheduled start-time of the workshop. Arriving more than 5 minutes late may make it difficult to catch up with the other participants.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this workshop.
This workshop will not be recorded, but session materials will be openly available at http://statlab.yale.edu/workshops/r2/
- Thursday, October 25, 2018
- 5:30pm - 8:00pm
- KBT C27 (Computer Classroom) Center for Science and Social Science Information (CSSSI)
- Science Hill