Creating Animated Visualizations in R
This workshop provides a practical introduction to creating animated visualizations in R with both base R graphics and
This workshops assumes you are comfortable using R for data analysis and creating static visualizations. It is not designed or paced for new R users. We will focus on ready-to-create formats that work on all platforms and machine setups. However, some guidance will be given on other animation formats.
Software Used: R, RStudio, various R packages
This workshop covers:
- using the
- smoothing animations with
- adding time to the grammar of graphics with
- creating cross-platform web animations
During this Workshop
Participants will be able to download materials for the workshop and are encouraged to listen, practice, and interact as it suits their learning style.
The sessions will conclude with exercises with instructional staff available for help.
Preparing for this Workshop
This workshop is designed for attendees who have the following:
- a Yale NetID to use lab machines or personal computer with software installed
- basic experience with the Windows OS (if using a lab computer)
In order to provide the best learning experience possible, we ask that you arrive before the scheduled start-time of the workshop. Arriving more than 5 minutes late may make it difficult to catch up with the other participants.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this workshop.
- Friday, November 9, 2018
- 10:00am - 11:30am
- KBT C27 (Computer Classroom) Center for Science and Social Science Information (CSSSI)
- Science Hill