This workshop will introduce basic concepts of geographic information systems (GIS), including hands-on training to getting you started with a GIS project.
Software Used: Esri ArcGIS for Desktop
This workshop covers:
- projection and coordinate systems
- transforming tabular into spatial data
- creating color-coded maps
- conducting basic spatial analysis
- types of and best practices to manage spatial data
Before you come
This workshop is designed for attendees who have the following:
- a Yale NetID to use lab machines
- basic experience with the Windows OS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this workshop.