This workshop provides an overview of designing and implementing a survey. It covers best practices of survey design, writing quality questions, and practical demonstration of how to implement the survey in Qualtrics.
This workshop is the first in a two workshop sequence on surveys. Recruiting sample for the survey, gathering survey responses, and analyzing results are not part of this session, but are covered in the “Collecting and Analyzing Survey Results” workshop.
This content is applicable to individuals using surveys for research purposes and for administrative purposes.
Software Used: an account with Yale’s instance of Qualtrics
This workshop covers:
- why use surveys
- key considerations in designing surveys
- guidelines for creating good survey questions
- implementing the survey on the Qualtrics survey platform
Before you come
This workshop is designed for attendees who have the following:
- a Yale NetID to use lab machines or personal computer
- a Yale NetID to access Yale’s license for the Qualtrics survey tool
- basic experience with the Windows OS (if using a lab computer)
Please email email@example.com with any questions about this workshop.