This workshop provides a practical introduction to using machine learning techniques in R with the popular R package “caret” (http://caret.r-forge.r-project.org/).
This workshop assumes experience and comfort with using R for data analytic work. If you are new to R, you should start with the “First Steps in R” and “Second Steps in R” workshops.
Workshop participants should also either have some exposure to machine learning or have a background in statistics and data analysis.
Software Used: R, RStudio
This workshop covers:
- why use R for machine learning
- feature/variable selection
- partitioning your data
- algorithm/model selection
- assessing performance
Before you come
This workshop is designed for attendees who have the following:
- a Yale NetID to use lab machines or personal computer with software installed
- basic experience with the Windows OS (if using a lab computer)
Please email email@example.com with any questions about this workshop.