This workshop is a first introduction to using Stata and covers common tasks in data analysis.
It is not recommended for users already comfortable with the basics of Stata, but may provide a helpful review.
The workshop does not assume any experience with Stata, statistics, other programs for statistical analysis, or any scripting experience at all. However, experience with any of these can make getting started in Stata easier.
The focus in this sessions is building familiarity with how one interacts with Stata by working through common tasks.
Software Used: Stata
This workshop covers:
- why use Stata
- navigating the Stata interface
- importing data
- manipulating datasets (e.g., creating variables, recoding variables, subsetting datasets)
- basic analysis of data
- basic data visualization
- saving your results, data, and visualizations
- a suggested workflow
Before you come
This workshop is designed for attendees who have the following:
- a Yale NetID to use lab machines or personal computer with software installed
- basic experience with the Windows OS (if using a lab computer)
Please email email@example.com with any questions about this workshop.