Visualization in R with ggplot2
This workshop provides a practical introduction to data visualization in R with the popular package “ggplot2” (http://ggplot2.org/). The ggplot2 package is a specific implementation of the “Grammar of Graphics” and provides a high-level approach to creating rich visualizations.
This workshop assumes experience and comfort with using R for data analytic work. If you are new to R, you should start with the “First Steps in R” and “Second Steps in R” workshops.
Software Used: R, RStudio
This workshop covers:
- why use ggplot2 in R for visualization
- the basics of ‘aesthetics’
- the basics of ‘geoms’
- summarizing and transforming data on the fly
- other ways to customize the layout of your visualization
Before you come
This workshop is designed for attendees who have the following:
- a Yale NetID to use lab machines or personal computer with software installed
- basic experience with the Windows OS (if using a lab computer)
Please email email@example.com with any questions about this workshop.
- Friday, December 8, 2017
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- KBT C27 (Computer Classroom) Center for Science and Social Science Information (CSSSI)
- Science Hill