First Steps with R
This workshop is a first introduction to using R with RStudio and covers common tasks in data analysis.
It is not recommended for users already comfortable with the basics of R, but may provide a helpful review.
The workshop does not assume any experience with R, statistics, other programs for statistical analysis, or any programming experience at all. However, experience with any of these can make getting started in R easier.
The focus in this session is building familiarity with how one interacts with R and RStudio by working through common tasks.
Software Used: R, RStudio
This workshop covers:
- why use R
- navigating the RStudio interface
- importing data
- manipulating datasets (e.g., creating variables, recoding variables, subsetting datasets)
- basic analysis of data
- basic data visualization
- saving your results, data, and visualizations
- a suggested workflow
Before you come
This workshop is designed for attendees who have the following:
- a Yale NetID to use lab machines or personal computer with software installed
- basic experience with the Windows OS (if using a lab computer)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this workshop.
- Friday, November 3, 2017
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- KBT C27 (Computer Classroom) Center for Science and Social Science Information (CSSSI)
- Science Hill