This workshop will introduce basic concepts of geographic information systems through the use of QGIS, a free and open-source GIS that can be used on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux platforms.
Software Used: Quantum GIS (QGIS)
This workshop covers:
- installation and adding plugins
- projection and coordinate systems
- types of spatial data
- transforming tabular into spatial data
- creating color-coded maps
- conducting basic spatial analysis
Before you come
This workshop is designed for attendees who have the following:
- a Yale NetID to use lab machines
- basic experience with the Windows OS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this workshop.