Bib Your TeX
Do you use (La)TeX? Do you want to make citation as simple as possible when you're writing? Have a bit of time over break? This workshop covers the basics of citing sources in TeX, along with packages such as natbib that add functionality that you may be missing in basic BibTeX. A basic understanding of (La)TeX is expected.
We will cover:
- Using BibTeX and natbib.
- What a .bib file is and how it is structured and used by your software.
- Using two up-and-coming tools, biblatex and biber.
- How to get .bib file entries without having to type in Google Scholar, library databases, and in reference/PDF article management software.
The 17 Hillhouse room 07 classroom is on the lower level of the 17 Hillhouse building. After 5 PM, the building requires a Yale ID for entry.
- Thursday, November 9, 2017
- 4:30pm - 5:30pm
- 17 Hillhouse: Library classroom, 07
- Science Hill