How to present to the public your research in a clear and innovative way? Learn the power of storytelling and GIS to portray your research through a mapping platform. This workshop will guide you on how to share in a spatially organized way your research field work, methodology, and even findings. Learn how to transform your GPS or tabular data into powerful StoryMaps.
The Story Map gallery offers creative maps authored by organizations around the world. Take a look and sign up for this workshop!
Learning Objectives (draft):
Create a web-map using Esri's StoryMaps platform
- Consider the best narrative organization for your project
- Create a web-map using sample data
- Participants are welcome to bring their own data and try it out at the end of the workshop
- Use StoryMaps templates to showcase your research
- Learn basic strategies to avoid copyright infringement
Learn about resources for next steps
- Integrate crowdsourced (VGI) maps into your own StoryMap
- Esri resources on how to tweak templates
- Additional resources for finding and cleaning data