YCRC Bootcamp - Scripting with Python is a two hour introductory course on Python, a modern, interpreted scripting language that is easy to learn, and allows you to quickly automate tasks.
The course will cover:
- Basic Python syntax and data types
- Basic tasks like reading and writing files
- Using Python modules for additional functionality
- Walk-through examples of useful Python scripting for HPC
- Anaconda python and the Jupyter notebook
- Using pandas and numpy for data analysis
This is not a hands on course.
The course will be taught by YCRC members Steve Weston, HPC Support Specialist, and Rob Bjornson Ph.D., Senior Research Scientist.
This workshop is presented by the Yale Center for Research Computing. Other workshops in this series can be seen here: http://research.computing.yale.edu/calendar/upcoming-events/hpc-training
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Data, Digital Scholarship, Programming, Yale Center for Research Computing